Toothpicks for PCR

Robert Preston rapr at med.pitt.edu
Thu Mar 16 15:35:56 EST 1995

In article <3k7md1$490 at mark.ucdavis.edu>, szcooley at dale.ucdavis.edu
(Michael Cooley) wrote:

> We just ran a side by side comparison of toothpick vs yellow tip and
> found no inhibition of the  PCR reaction.

Therefore, I deduce that your particular primers and other unstated conditions
are perhaps extremely robust in comparison with various other people's
conditions, OR your assay for inhibition is uselessly insensitive.  The
information you post is almost meaningless in the absence of additional
data.  Cripes, good thing the net ain't refereed or we'd miss such jewels
of negative evidence.

Robert Preston                                    rapr at med.pitt.edu
University of Pittsburgh                        Pittsburgh PA 15261