apoptosis detection: problems with test kits

Inst. for Biochemistry dh7y at pop.th-darmstadt.de
Wed Mar 15 12:11:15 EST 1995

Hello world

I'm trying to detect apoptosis by the Terminale-Transferase-
Reaction.
For detection I'm using biotinylated dUTP and streptavidin-
peroxidase with DAB (Diaminobenzidine).

Using flow-cytometry I know the samples are apoptotic, but I can't see
it with the dye. But in the future I' ll be forced to use it, as I'm
going to work with lower cell-densities.

Is anybody working with apop-kits or something similar and can give me
any hints, especially concerning a non fluorescent dye.

Thanks for your answers!

                        dirk kaiser

Technische Hochschule Darmstadt
Institut fuer Biochemie