"missing" RNA

Karen Ferri kferri at email.unc.edu
Fri Mar 17 02:33:42 EST 1995

Hello!  Please pardon the simple question, but I just started my first
job as tech. and therefore haven't learned everything yet.

Homogenized some tissue, isolated and purified the RNA, checked OD's, and
ran on a gel to check RNA integrity.  For 1 sample, the gel lane was
blank (not even smeared, which would indicate denaturation).  I ran 3
gels to be sure the problem of possible RNA omission to gel lane was
addressed.  Still no run, even after adding extra RNA to lane.  The [] of
the sample (I checked it twice) was 17% lower the second time, but acc.
to my boss, still not low enough to not show up.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Karen