BAC library construction, I need help!

SYME,JENNIFER ALBERTA,MS XPC9000 at MUSICB.MCGILL.CA
Thu Mar 16 11:48:11 EST 1995

I am a second year masters student at McGill University. I have been
attempting to construct a High Molecular Weight (HMW) DNA library
using BAC but have been completely unsuccessful at producing clones.
I know the problem is with ligating the HMW DNA to the vector. I have
already checked the ligase and my vector and neither of those is the
problem. The problem seems to be restricted to the HMW DNA. Does
anyone have any advice on this subject? Your help would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,
         Jennifer Syme