A.S.A.P GENOMIC DNA ISOLATION KIT

Ketil Thorstensen ketilt at dmf.unit.no
Fri Mar 17 17:05:46 EST 1995

Anyone with experience in using Boehringer's ASAP Genomic DNA Isolation Kit ?
How do I avoid extensive shearing of my DNA ?
I think I have excluded DNase contamination of reagents. My mixing steps are
very, very gentle. Still, I get extensive fragmentation of my DNA (smear
throughout the entire length of a 1% agarose gel) isolated from 10 ml human
blood (Lymphocytes prepared by Lymphoprep-TM).
Any suggestions as to where I am messing things up are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ketil.Thorstensen at dmf.unit.no