alignment software

DJC poland djcpoland at aol.com
Fri Mar 17 17:17:26 EST 1995

Hi,
     Well, we've got the complete sequence.  It's one of a family of about
10 closely related proteins.  I've downloaded ALIGN and made my input file
of sequences, but when I try to use SCORE, it just sits there with a
little train engine showing on my powerbook 180 screen and says it's
forming the initial matrices.  After one hour there is no evidence that
progress has been made.  Would anyone like to recommend another freeware
or shareware alignment program that can handle this many 300+ AA sequences
or assure me that yes it is working, there will be a result when I come in
tomorrow morning.  I don't mind waiting; I'd just like to be certain that
something is going on.
Donna J. Carty

"To be perfect is to change often."  John Cardinal Neuman