VNTR loci analysis using Genescan

Garry P. Larson glarson at ccmail.llu.edu
Fri Mar 17 19:28:34 EST 1995

Maybe this isn't the best place to post but bear with me.  Please no
flaming!!!  I am looking for recomendations for primer pairs for allelic
typing of student DNA's in a lab course.  These will be fluorescent
Internally (F-dUTP) tagged and analyzed on an ABI 373 with Genescan
software.  I thought D1S80 would be a good one with a 16bp repeat, can
someone recommend other loci?  Ideally, I'd like to run two idependently
tagged PCRs (pooled prior to loading) on one gel and determine the genotype
for each student for that locus.  ABI makes a new PRISM STR kit, is this a
good option?
Anyone out there with a D1S80 allelic ladder please come forward.  Could
you get in touch with my by email to arrange a snail mail Xfer of the
ladder?
If I'm in the wrong posting place, where do you suggest I go instead.

:-) :-)
glarson at ccmail.llu.edu