Microwave techniques?

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Fri Mar 17 12:59:47 EST 1995

In article <skboyer.45.000D04E4 at ccgate.dp.beckman.com>,
skboyer at ccgate.dp.beckman.com (Scott K. Boyer) wrote:

> Does anyone have any information on molecular biology techniques which use
> microwaves.  A colleque of mine had heard of techniques using microwave ovens
> to do restriction digests, but we can't find the references.  Also, I seem to
> remember something about using microwaves to lyse bacteria for doing minipreps
> and also for doing colony blots?  I would appreciate any leads on these
> techniques.

while i have never used them, they seem to be mythical bionet creatures who
surface occassionally and are seen by only a few people but heard of by
many.  personally, i wouldn't put too much stock in them.  if they were for
real and worked very well, they would be published by now, at least in
biotechniques or something like that.

eric

--
eric c. anderson
anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)862-2435 (home)
660 s. euclid box 8103                           (314)362-7058 (FAX)
st. louis, mo 63110