Microwave techniques?

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Fri Mar 17 12:59:47 EST 1995

In article <skboyer.45.000D04E4 at ccgate.dp.beckman.com>,
skboyer at ccgate.dp.beckman.com (Scott K. Boyer) wrote:

> Does anyone have any information on molecular biology techniques which use
> microwaves.  A colleque of mine had heard of techniques using microwave ovens
> to do restriction digests, but we can't find the references.  Also, I seem to
> remember something about using microwaves to lyse bacteria for doing minipreps
> and also for doing colony blots?  I would appreciate any leads on these
> techniques.

while i have never used them, they seem to be mythical bionet creatures who
surface occassionally and are seen by only a few people but heard of by
many.  personally, i wouldn't put too much stock in them.  if they were for
real and worked very well, they would be published by now, at least in
biotechniques or something like that.

eric c. anderson
anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)862-2435 (home)
660 s. euclid box 8103                           (314)362-7058 (FAX)
st. louis, mo 63110