Methylmercuric hydroxide- SOURCE?

Nancy Lemieux lemieux at medcor.mcgill.ca
Fri Mar 17 12:25:57 EST 1995

In article
<Pine.ULT.3.91.950309103714.8738A-100000-100000-100000 at fiona.umsmed.edu>,
rosemary hoffman <rth at fiona.umsmed.edu> wrote:

: Our lab's supply of MeHgOH is almost depleted :-( or :-), depending on your
: personal preference for RNA gel techniques.  It's even more difficult to
: find than I'd anticipated, but before trying to convince my advisor to change
: our lab protocols to formaldehyde gels, I thought I'd give netnews a try.
: I know Serva sells 0.5ml aliquots for a frightful $33 each!  I've also tried
: looking for Alfa/Ventron who used to be in Mass - no luck.
:
: Does anyone know of their location or of another source I could contact?
:
: Thanks in advance.
:
: Rosemary Hoffman, world's oldest biochem grad student.

Here's a post I saved off the net a while ago.  Hope it's useful.