M-13 Purification kits

Richard E. Showalter show at agouron.com
Sat Mar 18 14:51:49 EST 1995

In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.950316180244.18982A-100000 at helix.nih.gov>, "Luis
M. Alvarez" <luism at helix.nih.gov> wrote:

> On 15 Mar 1995, Claude Baker wrote:
> > Anyone know who makes a good M-13 purification Kit??? How about same for
> > mitochondrial DNA???
> > Claude
> >

> Promega's M13 Wizard works OK.
> Luis Alvarez
> luism at helix.nih.gov

What does OK mean.  I have used ssDNA isolation kits from Qiagen for preps
of phagemid ssDNA.  I got ssDNA, but it was not useful for sequencing.  I
finally went back to PEG/salt ppt followed by extensive organic
extractions.  If Promega's kit yields sequencing grade ssDNA I would be
very interested in trying this out.

Richard E. Showalter             "Hey Hey Hey Hey it was
Senior Associate Scientist        the DNA.  Hey Hey Hey Hey
Agouron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.     that made me this way."
show at agouron.com                  Queen-Shear Heart Attack