M-13 Purification kits

Richard E. Showalter show at agouron.com
Sat Mar 18 14:51:49 EST 1995

In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.950316180244.18982A-100000 at helix.nih.gov>, "Luis
M. Alvarez" <luism at helix.nih.gov> wrote:

> On 15 Mar 1995, Claude Baker wrote:
>
> > Anyone know who makes a good M-13 purification Kit??? How about same for
> > mitochondrial DNA???
> > Claude
> >

> Promega's M13 Wizard works OK.
>
> Luis Alvarez
> NCI/NIH
> luism at helix.nih.gov

What does OK mean.  I have used ssDNA isolation kits from Qiagen for preps
of phagemid ssDNA.  I got ssDNA, but it was not useful for sequencing.  I
finally went back to PEG/salt ppt followed by extensive organic
extractions.  If Promega's kit yields sequencing grade ssDNA I would be
very interested in trying this out.

--
Richard E. Showalter             "Hey Hey Hey Hey it was
Senior Associate Scientist        the DNA.  Hey Hey Hey Hey