ds- versus ss-DNA sequencing

DREWES at MPASMB.DESY.DE DREWES at MPASMB.DESY.DE
Mon Mar 20 18:27:05 EST 1995

We are currently cloning transcripts of a size of 2000-4000 bp from a library
constructed in lambda-ZAP, which allows the production of both single (M13) and
double stranded templates for sequencing and mutagenesis. I am interested in
the pros and cons of both approaches (i.e. feasability, DNA yield and quality of
the sequencing reaction with ssDNA vs. ds-DNA). Our lab uses the standard
Sequenase method with 35S-ddNTPs.
Thanx for any suggestions...

*  Gerard Drewes                          DREWES at MPASMB.DESY.DE *
*  Max-Planck-Society                     Tel.(+49)40-89982820  *
*  Structural Molecular Biology Unit      Fax (+49)40-891314    *
*  DESY, Notkestr. 85                                           *
*  22603 Hamburg, Germany                                       *