ALTERNATIVE SPLICING

marcvdc at lmb1.rug.ac.be marcvdc at lmb1.rug.ac.be
Mon Mar 20 22:26:44 EST 1995

Dear netters,

In the nearby future I have to screen a cDNA library to pick up an unknown
gene.   We suspect that the gene has different splice forms.

Does anyone know which strategy I have to follow to be sure that I clone all
the possible splice forms of the gene out of my library.   ( to sequence
all  the candidates will be very time consuming in our lab).

And how can I be sure that if I only find one splice form in the library
this is  the only existing one.

Are there other ways than library screening to pick up different splice forms ?
( I was thinking for instance on 5' race or 3' race)

thanks in advance,

marc

E-mail : marcvdc at lmb1.rug.ac.be