suggestions on automated DNA sequencer?

bcdlee at hkpucc.polyu.edu.hk bcdlee at hkpucc.polyu.edu.hk
Tue Mar 21 02:12:02 EST 1995

In article <3k3htl$r80 at nuscc.nus.sg>, mcbhongy at leonis.nus.sg (Hong Yan (Dr)) writes:
> We are looking for an automated DNA sequencer, Applied Biosystem model
> Prism 377 and Pharmacia A.L.F. DNA sequencer are high on the list. It
> would be appreciated that anybody using these machines give me some
> suggestions or tell me your experience of using them, e.g. running cost,
> difficulty of using etc.
>
> ------
> Dr. Hong Yan
> Laboratory of Plant Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering
> Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology
> National University of Singapore
> Republic of Singapore
>
> Telephone: (65) 772-3780
> Telefax:   (65) 779-1117
>
> Internet address: mcbhongy at leonis.nus.sg

WE use the Pharmacia one. I would say the price is reasonable. Consumables are
not too expensive. No complaints so far. Service from the company is very good.
I would say the most important things are how good the service will be and
how quick you can get the reagents when you are running out. I have no
experience with the Applied Biosystem one. Everyone in Hong Kong is using the
Pharmicia one.