0.2-mL PCR tubes

Shiao Y. Wang sywang at whale.st.usm.edu
Mon Mar 20 23:34:55 EST 1995

John Braverman (jmbraverman at ucdavis.edu) wrote:
: Does anyone have a suggestion for a benchtop container in which to keep
: 0.2-mL PCR tubes cool or hot?  I can't always use our PCR machine for that
: purpose, and I would like something sturdier than just ice.  If I use a
: rack over ice, it's still difficult to push these tubes into the ice and
: to obtain a uniform contact with the ice.  Nor can I find a company which
: manufactures such a container.  Thanks.

How about a quarter inch thick block of aluminum with holes just large
enough for the tubes. Place this block on ice, which gets ice cold, to
keep the tubes cold.

Shiao Wang
University of Southern Mississippi
sywang at whale.st.usm.edu