protein kinase A inhibitors

Jeff Rawlings rawlings at
Mon Mar 20 20:18:56 EST 1995

In article <amatos-1603951142410001 at>, amatos at
(Stephen Amato) wrote:

>      I am studying signal transduction pathways involved in mediating
> signals from B cell surface receptors to the nucleus.  I suspect that one
> of these pathways involves protein kinase A.  Therefore, I am looking for
> specific inhibitors of this kinase to confirm these suspicions. Does
> anyone know of any specific inhibitors of protein kinase A?  If so do you
> know where I could buy these reagents?

According to the Calbiochem Signal Transduction Guide, both H-89 and PK
Inhibitor Peptide (a substrate analog, I think) have substantial
selectivity for Protein Kinase A over other kinases. I believe Calbiochem
sells both reagents.

[Standard disclaimers apply: I am not being paid by Calbiochem.]

Jeff Rawlings                                   Internet Consultant
rawlings at                                             and
rawlings at                         Research Biologist