Ab for ferritin?

Ojar Melefors ojar.melefors at postmac.cmb.ki.se
Mon Mar 20 13:46:30 EST 1995

In article <17141.lyc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw>, lyc at IBMS.SINICA.EDU.TW
("L.Y.Chau") wrote:

>Dear netters:
>      I plan to do the immunohistochemistry to see the ferritin
>protein expression in rabbit sample, does anybody know which antibodies I
>can use and where I can obtain? (both H- and L-chain ferritin)
>
>                            Jonghwei

I have used ferritin antiserum from Boehringer-Mannheim (#605 022) for
immunoprecipitations. Although this antiserum was made in rabbits, it does
recognise the rabbit's own ferritin. I have tested by using radioactively
labelled whole blood.
I do not know if they work for immunohistochemistry. You might have a
problem as the ferritin polypeptides are arranged in a shell. I had some
problems with Westerns, but principally they work for that too.

Did you consider to stain for the iron instead?

ÖJAR