alignment software

Zophonias O. Jonsson zjons at vetbio.unizh.ch
Mon Mar 20 03:31:45 EST 1995

In article <3kd1pm$s04 at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, djcpoland at aol.com (DJC
poland) wrote:

> Would anyone like to recommend another freeware
> or shareware alignment program that can handle this many 300+ AA sequences
> or assure me that yes it is working, there will be a result when I come in
> tomorrow morning.  I don't mind waiting; I'd just like to be certain that
> something is going on.
> Donna J. Carty

  Try D.G. Higgns' ClustalV.  It should be able to do what you want, it is
fairly quick, it is relatively easy to use (once you figure out how) and it
is available for free from most Molbio FTP sites.  If you want an easy to
use interface to ClustalV you can download SeqApp but you need a few Mb to
have it run properly.

Zophonias
Zophonias O. Jonsson
Institut fur Veterinarbiochemie               Tel: (41-1)-257-54-75
Universitat Zurich-Irchel                     Fax: (41-1)-362-05-01
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich
Switzerland