antisense oligonucleotides

Jan Eggermont Jan.Eggermont at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Mar 21 09:02:41 EST 1995

Hello all,

I am planning to use antisense oligonucleotides to silence the expression
of a gene in permanent adherent cell line. In view of this I would greatly
appreciate your input on:
1) the chemistry of oligo: ordinary or phosphoro-thioates
2) the target of the oligo in the mRNAe: can you have antisense oligo's
against any part of the mRNA or are preferential target sites for
anti-sense oligo's.
3) effective concentration range of oligo's and duration of treatment to
get maximal inhibition
4) which control oligonucleotides to use

Many thanks in advance.

Jan

Jan Eggermont                       Jan.Eggermont at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Laboratorium voor Fysiologie - KU Leuven
Campus Gasthuisberg
B-3000 Leuven                            tel 32-16-345938
Belgium                                  fax 32-16-345991