recombinant protein purification

Zophonias O. Jonsson zjons at vetbio.unizh.ch
Tue Mar 21 13:48:40 EST 1995

In article <1995Mar21.095413.25995 at news.unige.ch>, dschalle at sc2a.unige.ch
(Dominique Schaller) wrote:

> Hello Netters,
>
> Sometimes ago somebody published a method to extract recombinant protein
> overproduced in E. coli.  The method was based on the observation that the
> overproduced protein is preferentially released from the cells after some
> cycles of freezing/unfreezing. I have lost the reference. Could somebody help
> me?

You are probably looking for:

Johnson, B.H. and Hecht, M.H., (1994) Bio/Technology, Vol. 12, 1357-1360

  It really looks promising in the article but, alas, it does not work for
pLysS or pLysE containing expression strains because thy simply lyze.  Did
anyone out there try this method?  If it turns out to be reproducible I
sure would like to know.

Zophonias

Zophonias O. Jonsson
Institut fur Veterinarbiochemie               Tel: (41-1)-257-54-75
Universitat Zurich-Irchel                     Fax: (41-1)-362-05-01
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich
Switzerland