Optimum temp for PCR primer annealing

Allen Gathman C741SCB at SEMOVM.SEMO.EDU
Wed Mar 22 11:03:05 EST 1995

Does anyone have an algorithm for calculating the optimum temperature to
use for annealing PCR primers, based on sequence and length?  I know
that many commercial programs will do this, but we don't have one.  Of
course, if anyone knows where I can get a shareware program that does
primer design, I'd be interested in that too.

|    Allen Gathman                |                                    |
|    Biology Department           |  Internet: C741SCB at SEMOVM.SEMO.EDU |
|    Southeast Missouri St. U.    |  Phone: (314) 651-2361             |
|    Cape Girardeau, MO 63701     |  Fax: (314) 651-2223               |
|    "Anyone would know that," said Dorothy.                           |
|    "Certainly; that is why I know it," returned the Scarecrow.  "If  |
|    it required brains to figure it out, I never should have said it."|
|    -L. Frank Baum                                                    |