GFP in CHO cells

Grtful ned grtfulned at aol.com
Wed Mar 22 20:37:37 EST 1995

Chris, we have not had success in getting a signal from GFP in 293 cells
(human cells) transfected with GFP expression vector using a FACS assay.
We know our transfections work with high efficiency since a control vector
that makes a cell surface protein is easily detetable by staining with
FITC-lalbelled antibody.  Is there some trick to detecting GFP?  Does it
work in any cell?  Do we need a special FACS machine?  Any tips, please
let me know.  Ned Landau, NYU Medical School, Dept. of Pathology.   Can
also send message to ned at phri.nyu.edu.  Thanks.