storing western blots

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcs260c2.ncifcrf.gov
Wed Mar 22 18:02:06 EST 1995

Gerard (gjmadlam at umich.edu) wrote:

| I've been freezing my blots (in KAPAC pouches) after the transfer
| procedure.  This seems to work well.  I've even been able to develop my
| blots, using ECL, freeze them, and then re-develop them without any loss
| in signal (protein).

Do you mean you just add fresh CSPD substrate and expose it to film?
Or do you have to add more streptavidin - alkaline phosphatase conjugate?
Is the AP still active after freezing like that?
Can you tell me how you do it?

* - - - - -  Methods FAQ list -> http://www-lmmb.ncifcrf.gov/~pnh - - - - - - *