Depurinate & Break DNA?

Miguel Angel Rodriguez Gabriel MARODRIGUEZ at mvax.cbm.uam.es
Thu Mar 23 13:58:10 EST 1995

Dear Netters,

     I'm trying to depurinate DNA, but I'm finding difficulties. To check the
correct depurination of my DNA I use to treat it with alkali to break the sugar
backbone, but I failed to do it. Do you have any method to depurinate DNA and
break it chemically after (only in depurinated bases)?

     If you have the answer, please let me know about it. If it's possible,
send the messages to my personal account, and I will post a summary with the
answers.

     Thanks in advance,

     Miguel Angel

  Miguel Angel Rodriguez Gabriel
  Centro de Biologia Molecular "Severo Ochoa"
  UAM-CSIC
  Cantoblanco. 28049 Madrid.
  SPAIN

  e-mail: marodriguez at mvax.cbm.uam.es