promoter/intron-exon people: wanna help me??

Heidi Moss hmmoss at MAIL.MED.CORNELL.EDU
Thu Mar 23 17:27:25 EST 1995

This is a very generic request, but I figured why not seek advice from
everyone??
I have been working on genomic clones (isolated from a lambda dashII
genomic library) of novel human IL2-induced genes.
After laboring for many months, I think I finally have the promoter
region. After sequencing, I plan to make luciferase constructs for
assaying promoter activity. In addition, I would like to do some
intron-exon analysis. Here are my questions:

1) SOURCES, PAPERS, PEOPLE, ETC.-- as you can tell, I am a novice. Any
advice on good books, papers, people, etc would be appreciated. Medline
is driving me crazy. I am not good at being selective.

2) What is the best method for finding intron/exon bounderies?

3) Is there anything better than the transcription factor database for
analyzing my promoter sequences?

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Thanks in advance!!

--Heidi