Optimum temp for PCR primer annealing

Allen Gathman C741SCB at SEMOVM.SEMO.EDU
Fri Mar 24 13:23:09 EST 1995

In article <D5xyGL.IG at hkuxb.hku.hk> wayhui at hkusub (Hui Yuk Fun) writes:
>There is a function called 'prime' in GCG version 8, it selects primers
>for the sequence you specified. This function calculates the annealing
>temperature based on two papers appeared in Nucleic Acids Res. I used
>the same method to calculate the annealing temp for my PCR, and the
>result is unexpectedly good. You can get the two reference title in the
>HELP menu of GCG version 8.
>

>--------------------------
>Wayland Yuk-Fun HUI, MPhil
>Department of Paediatrics,
>Faculty of Medicine,
>The University of Hong Kong.
>
>Pager    : 1128631 A/C 7260
>E_mail   : 1) wayhui at hkusua.hku.hk
>           2) wayhui at hkucc.hku.hk
>Telephone: (852)-2855-4898
>Fax      : (852)-2855-1523
>
>.
>.

This sounds promising.  Unfortunately, I don't have GCG - could anyone
take a look at this help file and post the references from it?

Thanks...

|    Allen Gathman                |                                    |
|    Biology Department           |  Internet: C741SCB at SEMOVM.SEMO.EDU |
|    Southeast Missouri St. U.    |  Phone: (314) 651-2361             |
|    Cape Girardeau, MO 63701     |  Fax: (314) 651-2223               |
|    "Anyone would know that," said Dorothy.                           |
|    "Certainly; that is why I know it," returned the Scarecrow.  "If  |
|    it required brains to figure it out, I never should have said it."|
|    -L. Frank Baum                                                    |