Mutagenesis : help!

Mike Morris mike at medsun.unige.ch
Fri Mar 24 09:32:48 EST 1995

  In a sequence of 1350 bp that I want to express, I need to make
32 different single-base changes by mutagenesis. My inital reaction
was to change fields, but what the hell...
  Does anybody have any experience of Promega's mutagenesis system
(which is the most intellectually pleasing that I have found)?
  In 'particular, what is the shortest oligo that can be used to
change a single base?
  And how many different oligos can be used at once ? (obviously,
without them being too close together).
  thanks in advance,

	Mike Morris

Division of Medical Genetics       tel (Switzerland) (22) 702.56.94
CMU, University of Geneva          fax (Switzerland) (22) 702.57.06
Geneva, Switzerland                email mike at medsun.unige.ch