Toothpick sources in the UK

Martin D. Leach leach at
Sat Mar 25 10:15:54 EST 1995

In article <462383813wnr at>, Duncan at wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> For those of you in the UK where do you get your toothpicks from? The
> kind I want are as follows and used to come my way from a college.
> They can no longer get them and I'm getting very low!
> Toothpicks are flat, approx 1mm thick, 55mm long, one end round
> approx 2.5mm wide narrowing to roughly 0.5mm. I do not want
> round pointed cocktail sticks. I will buy as many as I have to ie
> 10x6 if necessary etc.

only 60! wow...big spender...

Why not try using sterile pipette tips!...can take small agarose plugs
(from gels) and can be blown out into pcr reactions etc...

good for inoculating cultures also!

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
My homepage:
Biotech company listing:

p.s. try BioMOO  -virtual biology on the internet..
telnet 8888