Microwave techniques?

Martin Kennedy mkennedy at chmeds.ac.nz
Sun Mar 26 03:05:09 EST 1995

In article <3ka3ha$9kv at serv1.vossnet.co.uk>, jhodgson at serv1.vossnet.co.uk (John Hodgson) writes:
> Only vague information, sorry - but you could try to get hold of a guy
> called Ronnie Ray at the Royal Post-graduate Medical School, Hammersmith,
> London, UK. His company, Inceltec, has developed a microwave-based
> technique for in situ DNA amplification. Dont have e-mail or tel with me,
> but if you want them mail me.
> The other use of microwave I heard about was to stick DNA onto
> nitrocellulose membranes in hybridisation.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  > John Hodgson, jhodgson at serv1.vossnet.co.uk

Whoa!!! Aren't you liable to cause an explosion this way?  Don't
forget why we always used to bake nitrocellulose in a VACUUM
oven - because it is violently combustible in oxygen.....

However, I use a microwave to fix colonies to NYLON membranes all
the time, as posted here earlier...

--
Cheers,

Martin

		Phone (64-3)364-0880   Fax (64-3)364-0750