Where to get Nonidet P-40

ICAgen ICAgen at ICAgen.com
Mon Mar 27 10:00:32 EST 1995

In article <kfischer-2603952105250001 at duckter.glaxo.med.ualberta.ca>,
kfischer at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca says...

>Sorry Chris but Sigma still carries it (1995 catalogue, cat. number 6507
-
>usual disclaimer). And to Laura, NP-40 is a nonionic detergent; I use it
>to remove virus envelope and permabilize virus capsid.
>
>Cheers
>Karl

Karl:

   Recently, when I tried to order that item, I was informed that
Sigma had deleted it and was offering another detergent (5ml free
to test it).  It was not made clear to me that this was the chemical
equivalent of NP-40, and I did not have the time to test it at the
bench.  Therefore, I obtained the known stuff from Calbiochem.  If
any netters have tested the Sigma prep, please post as I'd like to
know if it is suitable.

Chris