in vitro transcription/translation

Brick Ayola abrick at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Mon Mar 27 12:45:11 EST 1995

On Sat, 25 Mar 1995, Yasha Hartberg wrote:

> I am looking for advice on finding a good in vitro
> transcription/translation system for producing protein from a cDNA clone.

I did direct comparisons of in vitro translation kits a few years ago.
Promega's nuclease treated Rabbit Reticulocyte Lysate consistently
outperformed (based % incorporation) equivalent kits from NEN, Ambion,
and BRL.

Promega's TnT coupled Reticulocyte Lysate Systems consistently gave
4-fold higher percent incorporation than even Promega's standard
translation kit. In my opinion, it's the best available.

Luck&GrantMoney,

Brick Ayola, Ph.D.
Tulane School of Medicine