RNA from Spleen - Help!

Alec Redwood aredwood at uniwa.uwa.edu.au
Tue Mar 28 03:18:24 EST 1995

I had trouble with spleen RNA with the brain working perfectly in mice.
 I don't think I ever fixed it that well however it seemed to work
better if I didn't use too much tissue at the start.  ie less spleen
better result.  I also found alot of DNA contamination when I used too
much spleen tissue.

Alec Redwood

Aaron Pawlyk (aaron at ccat.sas.upenn.edu)
wrote: : Oh.  One more thing on the spleen RNA isolation.

: There isn't any RNAse contamination coming from equipment, tubes or
: solutions.  I routinely do spleen isolation side by side with brain
: isolations using the same reagents, equipment, protocol and the RNA
: isolated from the brain is fine.

: Aaron Pawlyk