Electroporation of Antibodies

Dan Burgess Daniel.L.Burgess at um.cc.umich.edu
Tue Mar 28 05:38:45 EST 1995

In article <3kmvrq$gce at rover.ucs.ualberta.ca>,
eatkinso at gpu3.srv.ualberta.ca (gettin' better) wrote:

> Hello!
> In order to appease the powers-that-be at a certain journal, we find it
 (deleted)
> Any advice you can give would be GREATLY appreciated!  And if you can
> think of anything else that we should consider that I haven't brought up
> in this post, PLEASE fell free to suggest-away!
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> eric

Eric,
 I don't know if it would work or not, but have you thought
of lipofection?  I've done transfections of cos cells with both
electroporation and lipofection (LipofectAce, Gibco/BRL) and have
gotten consistently better results with the latter.  Less cell
death and better representation of the complex transfected pool
of constructs.  If it works for getting ab's into the cells,
it might be a better way to go.  Just a thought.

- Dan
Positional cloning...it's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase.