Methylmercuric hydroxide- SOURCE?

Bradley Turner bturner at MED-ITVAX1.BU.EDU
Tue Mar 28 10:52:41 EST 1995

You can obtain methyl mercury hydroxide from:

Alfa/AESAR
Johnson Matthey Inc.
30 Bond Street
Ward Hill, MA 01835-8099
Phone 800-343-0660 or 508-521-6300
FAX   800-322-4757 or 508-521-6350

in their 1995-96 catalog MeHgOH is listed as

Methylmercury (II) hydroxide, 1M in H2O
Catalog Number 13395
C.A.S. [1184-57-2]   F.W.232.63

Price  10ml  US$59.00
       50ml  US$94.50

Hope this helps, we use it to denature mRNA for the synthesis of cDNA
Formaldehyde gels are also pretty simple, we use the method in
Davis LG, Dibner MD, Battey JF
Basic Methods in Molecular Biology
Elsevier, New York, 1986  pg.143
which uses 0.66M formaldehyde in the gel and running buffer.

                    Bradley Turner
                 University Hospital

Boston University           PHONE: 617-638-8346
Medical Center              FAX:   617-638-7785
Gastroenterology, E-201     EMAIL: bturner at med-itvax1.bu.edu
88 East Newton Street              bsturner at water.bu.edu
Boston, MA 02118, USA              bsturner at mbcrr.harvard.edu

Standard Disclaimer: No commercial interest other than as a
satisfied customer.