Where to get Nonidet P-40

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Wed Mar 29 13:44:50 EST 1995

Lara Endres Baxley (baxley at molbio.uoregon.edu) wrote:

| Does anyone know what Nonidet P-40 does and where I can get some?

If you cannot find Nonidet P-40 (octylphenoxy polyethoxy ethanol) anywhere
else, you could buy some Kodak Photo-Flo 200 at a local photography store.
It is p-tertiary-octylphenoxy polyethyl alcohol used as a wetting agent so
photographic negatives do not dry with water droplet spots on them.  I think
the 200 comes from the fact that it is diluted 1:200 with H2O before use.  I
haven't used it for protein isolation, but maybe someone else who has can tell
us if it works okay.

* - - - - -  Methods FAQ list -> http://www-lmmb.ncifcrf.gov/~pnh - - - - - - *