Chemical Cleavage of Proteins/Peptides

Wen-Yen Kao wykao at
Wed Mar 29 11:18:45 EST 1995

Hi Angie,

Why are you trying a chemical instead of a enzymatic cleavage? A still
good, practical guideline for lots of proteolytic methods is G. Allens
"Sequencing of proteins and peptides" in laboratory techniques. Though
I've never done any myself I've heard about Trp-cleavages using
o-iodosobenzoic acid that they consistently gave low yield peptide

Good luck,

                            (thomas at

|   Wen-Yen Kao, Ph.D.           FAX: (512)471-9651                |
|   Postdoctoral Fellow          Lab: (512)471-7435                |
|   Department of Zoology        Home:(512)478-7147                |
|   University of Texas          E-mail: wykao at   |
|   Austin, TX 78712                                               |
   Complex problems have simple, easy-to-understand wrong answers.