Sequencing Lambda DNA

jitu rreed at rreed.utm.edu
Tue Mar 28 15:42:31 EST 1995

In article <3l8qsc$rjb at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, <Rene.DeMot at agr.kuleuven.ac.be>
wrote:

> We have sequenced a part of the insert of a lambda clone (EMBL3) after
> subcloning in pUC19. Now we are trying to sequence into the flanking
> sequences using a primer based on the sequence already known

I have been sequencing about 150-200 bps regularly from lambda DNA using
manual sequencing. I did try automated sequencing on lambda DNA a few times
but the signals were too weak to be interpreted. If you do get a protocol
for automated sequencing kindly post it on the net as i am interested too.

Jitendra Jain,MD
jjain at utmem1.utmem.edu