5' and 3' end of cDNAs by PCR

Bernd Stein bstein at signalpharm.com
Wed Mar 29 14:03:27 EST 1995

I am looking for companies selling PCR-ready cDNA libraries that are 3'
anchored (similar to the 5' anchored cDNA libraries from Clontech). Any
help is appreciated.
Actually what I want to do is to get the 5' and 3' ends of a short (about
100 nt) cDNA sequence. I can use the 5' anchored cDNA libraries from
Clontech to get the 5' end. How about using an oligo-dT primer for the 3'
end? Alternatively, I guess I could make my own uncloned cDNA library
using Clontech's new Marathon kit. Any suggestions?
--
Bernd Stein (bstein at signalpharm.com)