Suggestions for increasing phage stability?

Kevin Lease stardog at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 30 21:08:30 EST 1995

Hi,
    I am worried that I am losing clones in phage vector because I am not
preparing my clones for storage properly.
	What is the best way to maintain stability?  I have been adding a couple
of drops of chloroform and storing at four degrees C in microcentrifuge
tubes, but I fear that I'm losing my clones.  When I perform PCR on this
material now I'm not getting good bands.
	Could someone please  post a good protocol for stable storage of phage
clones?

Thank you,
          Kevin Lease