TG repeats (microsatellites)

G Gallagher gqva12 at cent.gla.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 11:23:34 EST 1995

Hi
I was wondering about the fate of a piece of research from 1984.

H. Hamada aand colleagues published a paper in Molecular and Cellular Biology
which stated that poly (TG) sequences could function as enhancers but that
poly (GC) sequences could not. They did not mention poly(AG).

I wondered whether anyone else has seen this or has it been refuted?

Also, does anyone know the answer to the poly (AG) question?

Finally, since Dr Hamada has now left NCI, does anyone know where he is so
that I can talk directly to him?

Thanks in advance

Grant Gallagher