CsCl vs column kits

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 31 08:09:21 EST 1995

In article <0098E2DB.0E1EAB35 at nefeli.imbb.forth.gr> skoufos at nefeli.imbb.forth.gr writes:

>CsCl:
>-you get more supercoiled DNA (essential if you are doing transfections)

	I've heard this several times, but I haven't seen references or
experimental evidence for it.  In the single trial I did (which was pretty
limited) I didn't see any difference between a Qiagen prep and CsCl prep
in a transient transfection of COS.
	Is there a reference you can give me, or something, to back that up?

	Ian

--
Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
Phone (617)-632-3921     Fax  (617)-632-2627