Gentra Systems kits

Ian A. Boussy iboussy at orion.it.luc.edu
Fri Mar 31 11:22:14 EST 1995

Check out this url:
news:3l72p9$1sj at taco.cc.ncsu.edu

We have been using the Gentra GenePure DNA extraction kit for almost a
year now. We are extracting genomic DNA from many isofemale lines of
Drosophila melanogaster for Southern Blot analysis of transposable
elements.  We have had no difficulties with partial digests.  The kit is
as fast and easy as it claims to be; the only addition to the kit we
have made is to include an RNAase step.
  In summary: 1) the dna is clean enough for restriction digestion; 2)
the procedure is fast; 3) no phenol or chloroform is used. We are quite
happy with the kit.

Ian A. Boussy			            iboussy at orion.it.luc.edu
Dept of Biology
Loyola University	          tel. (312) 508-3635
6525 N. Sheridan Rd
Chicago, IL 60626           FAX  (312) 508-3646