Automated Sequencer

G G
Mon May 1 11:41:07 EST 1995

In article <2F9F4A9A at SmtpOut.em.cdc.gov>, tar9 at NIOBBS1.EM.CDC.GOV ("Reid, Thomas M.") says:

>Has anyone used or have an opinion of the "ALF" automated sequencing system
>sold by Pharmacia?
>We are thinking of purchasing one and would like some idea of the pros and
>cons of the instrument.
>
>Thanks - Tom Reid
>National Institute for Occupational
>Safety and Health
>Cincinnati, Ohio
We have recently bought one here and are pretty pleased with it so far.
We bought it mainly for fragment analysis, but are sequencing with it as
well. The fragment analysis software is very good and enables us to
accurately quantify PCR products, obviously we have to use a fluoroscein
labelled primer for this. Soilid phase sequencing done recently works well
G Jenkins