Invitrogen's PCR Optimization Kit?

J. Pat Martinez martinez at puccini.CRL.umn.edu
Wed May 3 14:41:39 EST 1995

We are trying to amplify a 2kb single copy genomic fragment from Soybean.
 Under most conditions (different template quantity., annealing temp.,
primer conc.) the agarose gels show a smear of nonspecific DNA ranging
from ~1.5 to 5-15 kb.  We haven't tested other parameters such as Mg
conc., hotstart, or the use of additives like stratagene's pcr extender.
Nevertheless, we were contemplating purchasing invitrogen's PCR
optimization kit to help solve some of our PCR woes.  Has anyone had any
success with this optimization kit?

Thanks,

Pat M.