How can I precipitate down Protamine phosphate?

U12201 at uicvm.uic.edu U12201 at uicvm.uic.edu
Wed May 3 08:20:02 EST 1995

I would try the phosphocellulose units from Pierce (29520) that
I have used for kinase assays. I would do the assay, then stop
with 100 mM phosphoric acid, then apply 20-30 ul to the membrane,
then spin it through at high g (several thousand). The phosphocellulose
is highly neg. charged, the protamine positively charged. This is how
kinase assays work and it works great. Rumors have it that these units
(called SpinZyme) will soon be available in an 8-well format for those
who do hundreds of assays at a clip.
KeldS at uic.edu

In article <Morty.135.2FA622F7 at bchm.unp.ac.za>, Morty at bchm.unp.ac.za (Rory.Morty) says: