Sequencing high G + C DNA

ronald goto rgoto at smtplink.coh.org
Thu May 4 12:08:08 EST 1995

In article <3o5dk4$rv3 at synapse.bms.com> Steven Goldberg <goldberg at bms.com>
writes:>From: Steven Goldberg <goldberg at bms.com>
>Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
>Subject: Sequencing high G + C DNA
>Date: 2 May 1995 13:55:16 GMT

>I have been attempting to sequence DNA of high G + C content (ca. 72%)

 just a comment, since I have not solved my high G+C region, I have used HIGH
temp cycle seq (denature 99 C, cycles at 65 C, highest temp that primers would
work) BUT I was never able to get pass the block. sequencing  would always end
within 1 or 2 bases of each other, tried usual tricks, but here is the strange
part, sequencing in the other direction it sequences fine. my 2 cents.

Ronald