Two-hybrid problem...possibly

Simon Dawson mbxspd at unicorn.nott.ac.uk
Thu May 4 04:31:45 EST 1995

Hi,
	Has anybody successfully used the vector, pAS2 in the 2-hybrid system?
Is it really much better than pGBT9? The reason for asking is we seem to
be having immense problems actually cloning into pAS2, whereas pGBT9
seems to be no problem at all. Seems a bit strange to me. Has anybody
got any ideas as to why this might be?
	We normally transform the initial constructs into DH5alpha cells to
screen for insert containing clones etc. Is there a problem with these
cells perhaps?
	Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it's driving us mad.

			Simon.

Simon Dawson					TEL:+44 (0)115 9249924 ex. 44789
Dept. of Biochemistry		FAX:+44 (0)115 9422225
Queens Medical Centre		Email:mbxpsd at unicorn.nott.ac.uk
Clifton Boulevard				URL: http://unicorn.nott.ac.uk/~mbxspd/Simon.html
Nottingham
U.K.								"Back off man, I'm a scientist!"  -- Bill Murray.