How to detect DNA mismatches?

Gregory Stuart gstuart at unixg.ubc.ca
Sat May 6 00:08:25 EST 1995

Does anyone have any brilliant ideas on how to quickly and simply detect
mismatches in DNA, other than using the mismatch repair enzymes or
resolvases, or the osmium tetroxide method? We want to localize mutations
in our lambda PCR products, to speed up sequencing (i.e. if you know
where the mutation is, you can select the correct sequencing primer). I
will post a summary, if I receive sufficient response.
Greg Stuart		gstuart2 at sol.uvic.ca	Fax : 604-656-8148
Centre for Environmental Health, University of Victoria,
9865 West Saanich Rd., Sidney, British Columbia, CANADA. V8L 3S1.