ECL detection kit

Blake Meyers ez044224 at bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu
Fri May 5 18:02:44 EST 1995

I'm curious if anyone has figured out a way to stretch the life of
Amersham's ECL detection kit. I find that we have plenty of labelling
reagent, blocking reagent and somewhat less of the hybridization
solution, but we quickly burn through the detection reagent.

Does anyone know if you can either dilute the detection reagents, or even
better, what's in them so I can make my own?

Also, if you know what's in the hybridization solution, I'd like to know
that. I personally suspect that it's just SSC plus some gold color.

-Blake Meyers
UNiversity of California, Davis

bcmeyers at ucdavis.edu