Information about antibiotics?

Brad Nicholson brad at corona.med.utah.edu
Wed May 3 14:01:04 EST 1995

In article <1995May3.153954.18672 at alw.nih.gov>, Jim Owens
<jow at helix.nih.gov> wrote:

> Does anyone know of resources (books or electronic) for information about
 >antibiotics: their structures, functions and how resistance mutants
 >rescue their host cells?  I will be trolling our library as well as here.
>snip<

For a start place as far as bacterial resistance is concerned see:
Foster. 1983. "Plasmid Determined Resistance to Antimicrobial Drugs and
Toxic Metal Ions in Bacteria" Microbiological Reviews, Vol. 47, No. 3.

It is a little old, but it's pretty good from the bacterial standpoint.

Brad

Brad Nicholson              |"If it worked the first time, it wouldn't be
Department of Pathology     |	research."...Brad Nicholson
University of Utah          |	Live from behind the Zion Curtian.
Salt Lake City, UT 84132    |
brad at corona.med.utah.edu    |
or: (801)-581-4365          | My opinions are solely my own.