Monoclonal Ab against HA flu epitope

Jan Eggermont Jan.Eggermont at
Fri May 5 02:41:16 EST 1995

We have tagged a protein with an epitope (-YDVPDYASL) derived from the
haemagglutinin protein of the flu virus. The purpose is to transfect this
protein in endothelial cells and follow its intracellular distribution via
immunofluorescence. However, the monoclonal antibody we have recognises
some non-specific bands on Western blots and we are therefore not sure how
to interpret our immunofluorescence data.
Does anyone know where I can find/buy anti-HA monoclonal antibodies that
are highly specific?

Jan Eggermont

Jan Eggermont                       Jan.Eggermont at
Laboratorium voor Fysiologie - KU Leuven
Campus Gasthuisberg
B-3000 Leuven                            tel 32-16-345938
Belgium                                  fax 32-16-345991